Image Map

Monday, February 22, 2016

Peek at My Week!



Back with Beginnings With Baer (AKA MY AMAZING TEACHING TWIN) for a Peek at My Week!! Check out what my little rays have in store for them and comment what you are up to in your room!!




ELA:
We are continuing our work with digraphs and blends in our morning activities and reading! We have been working with our partner class (Life in the Fast Lane) to listen to words that have digraphs or blends in them and the students with the correct letters have to get up and get into the right order! It has been amazing to see the kiddos who it clicks with and who we need to work more with! We are also working on making connections in our reading and writing!

MATH:
BASE TEN! I love me some base ten! The previous two weeks, we focused on 10 and some more and have now successfully moved onto base ten! My kiddos (AND I) love how interactive base ten can be! Whether we use giant pool noodles, manipulatives, or engaging activities, such as I Have, Who Has, my little rays are so into it!

SOCIAL STUDIES:
We are learning all about how to keep our teeth happy and healthy! Focusing on the healthy foods and drinks that are important in our diet is a main idea. My students were quite quick at point out "Miss K, didn't you say soda was not good for your teeth or your body?"  "Uhm, yes, yes I did." Yikes, Miss K! You sure drink a lot of that stuff. Are you going to lose your teeth soon?" LOL! Hope not!!!!

WRITING:
WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF WIZARD WRITING! We just started a new unit on writing and our theme is, yep you guessed it, WIZARDS! We will be working on capitalization, details, and punctuation through a variety of themed lessons (Potion for a Perfect Sentence, Details Brew, Crystal Ball Capitalization). Stay tuned for a post about that and some fun pictures!!


Thanks for checking out my Peek at My Week! Be sure to head on over to Beginnings With Baer to see what is going on in her first grade class!!!!

Happy Last Week of February!!! Much love friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment