Image Map

Monday, February 29, 2016

Peek at My Week!



Monday is here and I am in shock that it is already March (well, tomorrow is)! This year could not be flying any faster! This week is a short week for me because I will be heading to the ILASCD Conference in Schaumburg, IL (EEK YAY!!) which means sub plans (ick!). I know my little rays will be just fine with a sub but at the same time it kills me to leave them for two days!!! You can bet I will be hugging them a little too tight when they leave on Wednesday ;) Anywho, here is my Peek at My Week! Check out what my little rays will be focusing on this week. When you're done, head over to my teaching twin's blog Beginnings With Baer to see what is going on with her firsties!!!






ELA
We are continuing with digraphs and blends as well as making connections with stories we are reading. We will be working on some small Dr. Seuss stuff this week as well! Our stations for Daily Five are ready for some SPRING cleaning so I will be introducing a few new activities for my kiddos!

MATH
We have done a lot of work with base ten and composing numbers in the teens so now it is time to break it on down! We will be turning our focus from creating teen numbers and making connections with base ten to breaking apart teen numbers and showing their relationship via base ten blocks. I am super excited to see how we rock it out!

SOCIAL STUDIES/SCIENCE
March 2nd this week AKA EVERY ELEMENTARY TEACHER'S FAVORITE DAY. We get to celebrate the wonderful man, Dr. Seuss (aka Theodore Geisel)! We will do a brief introduction this week along with some activities before we SEUSSIFY our room and hallway for a two week unit on Dr. Seuss books! I am THRILLED! This is probably one of my top favorite units to do (for obvious reasons!) Stay tuned to see what we do to celebrate!

WRITING
We have been working on our WIZARD WRITING and every student in room 103 is currently enrolled in Miss K's Writing School for Wizards. At the end of each day, we get our wizards attire on (hats, robes, wands, and all!) We have focused on quite a few elements of writing so far, such as how to write a complete sentence and how to add details to a sentence. My little rays have done an AMAZING job. I am so impressed with the writing I have seen and cannot wait to see what we will have this week! We will be working on editing a sentence, sharing with peers, and using descriptive writing to share about our favorite things.


Thanks for checking out my Peek at My Week!! Be sure to head over to Beginnings With Baer to see what she has planned for her week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment