Image Map

Monday, March 7, 2016

Peek at My Week: 3/7



Happy Monday!!!!! I am a little off on my week already since we did not have school today (holla at my Polish heritage and Casimir Pulaski)!!! Ready to head into this week with some fun and exciting lessons! Still feeling SO fresh after my conference in Schaumburg this past weekend (check out my post on that here!!)  Tonight I am sharing a Peek at My Week with my teaching twin, Beginnings With Baer to give you a peek at what our week will entail!!




ELA
This week, we are focusing on Dr. Seuss (hello Seussville!!!) and will practice our rhyming! We will continue to practice our digraphs by using a lot of whole group and partner work! I am super excited to get some of our new centers up and running. I also want to revamp some of our Guided Reading block so stay tuned for that! We also will be assessing our sight words.

MATH
We are continuing with decomposing numbers 11-20 and I cannot wait to get some hands-on learning with manipulatives and interactice tools! With end of 3rd quarter coming, we are working hard to master our skills! Fluency checks will be happening this week to make sure we known our subitizing skills and facts to 5!

SOCIAL STUDIES/WRITING
Like I mentioned above, DR SEUSS IS IN KINDERGARTEN THIS WEEK! Sorry, I may be very thrilled ;) We will be diving into Dr. Seuss during our writing time! Last week, my kiddos worked on the biography of Dr. Seuss for their social studies and got a chance to explore some close reading through it. We will be reading his books, practicing opinion writing, and sharing new ideas! I cannot wait to get going!!

A fun week is in store for room 103! Thanks for checking out my peek!!!! Make sure you head over to Beginnings With Baer to check out what her firsties are up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment