Image Map

Monday, September 21, 2015

Motivational Monday

Happy Monday!! Before you ask why the weekend ended so quickly, ask yourself if there is a better job than teaching. Is there really anything that beats greeting 20 adorable and smiley kiddos who are eager to learn, play, and grow?? Is there anything that could be better than being the foundation of a child's education and being able to give them the tools they need to be successful???

I know that we all enjoy a little extra rest, but you can't tell me that these reminders don't make up for it!!!

I am dedicating my Monday posts from now on to provide motivation and positive energy! We are human. We will have days when we feel like crawling back into bed. We will have days when we need 4 extra shots of caffeine. But for each of those days, as well as all the others, we have the opportunity to make a difference!!

So here is some Monday motivation for you!!

The future of the world is in my classroom today ~Ivan Welton Fitzwater


Now reread it. Let it sink in. How does it make you feel? To me, I get a wave of excitement. I feel reenergized. I feel empowered. I feel that what I do DOES make a difference. I remember the importance that my attitude, my commitment, and my job have on the little ones in my room. These kids are my students, but they are even more than that. Within a couple of weeks, these little five year olds have become my kids. I defend them, I praise them, I empower them. I hold them to the highest of expectations not to intimidate them, but to show them what I know they are capable of. I push them, I laugh with them, I remind them that it is okay to be silly. I give them the tools they need to be successful and teach them to love to learn. Being a teacher is more than just showing up at 8 am and leaving at 3. It is being dedicated to finding new resources and ideas to engage your students. It is reminding yourself that these kids are depending on you to show them the way. The students in our class, OUR KIDS, rely on us to help them. It is our responsibility to give them the strategies they need to be successful, fuel the dreams they have, give them goals to reach, and inspire them to be their best. I am challenging myself to repeat this quote everyday, especially the days when I am feeling defeated because in the end, it isn't about me. It is all about MY kids.

1 comment:

  1. This literally made me tear up!!! Especially the end!! You are so right. It is about the kids!!!

    ReplyDelete