Image Map

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Five For Friday!

Wow! What a week!! Sometimes TGIF couldn't be more true ;) I am linking up with Kacey from Doodle Bugs Teaching for this week's Five for Friday!!



This week has been full of surprises from the North Pole and trips around the world!

We received a package on Monday straight from the North Pole! Our class was gifted an elf to watch us for Santa!! My kiddos LOVED receiving this special guy and couldn't wait to name him! After quite a few interesting requests, we finally settled on Candy Cane! We love our daily surprises from him and have been working hard to stay focused and quiet while we work so that he won't leave! I have *yet* to have a student touch or attempt to touch him (don't ask me how!) We can't wait to continue getting visits from Candy Canes!



Graduate School- Here I come!!! After taking a year off of school, I am headed back to Bradley University to get my Master's! After speaking with my advisor and board director, I am THRILLED to be continuing my education. I can't wait to be opened up to new strategies and studies in education!




My sweet little baby dog is almost a year old! I would have NEVER thought of myself of having a dog, especially when I can hardly handle my own self, but this pup has been AMAZING! Now, waking up before 5 to walk him and standing in the snow for him to find his 'spot' are not my favorite, but I will do it for him ;)


We started our unit for Holidays around the world! So far we have learned about the United States and Christmas, gone to Germany to hear about St. Nicholas and gingerbread houses, and are about to learn some more about Kwanzaa! My kiddos love pretending that we are going on a trip (well, some actually thought we were headed to Germany, but that is another reason to love kinders!!) Our hallway is decked out with a giant flying plane ready to take us where we need to go! Next week will take us to many other countries and traditions!



It's the most wonderful time of the year! I don't know about you, but I LOVE the holiday season!! Christmas music is on repeat EVERYWHERE I go (car, bedroom, kitchen, classroom) Seriously, how could you not love it? The love and kindness that fills the air in December is something I wish I could bottle up and save forever! I love watching the holiday television shows *cough*cough*ABC Family's 25 Days Until Christmas*! Above all else, everyone has a sense of unity, no matter their belief. I cherish my faith and look forward to this time of year drawing myself and my family even closer to Christ! What a time to reflect and be thankful for all the opportunities we are blessed with!!




How was your week?!? Be sure to link back up and share your Five for Friday!






5 comments:

  1. Love that you bring a global sense to Holiday celebrating for kids! Congrats on your decision to return to school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter named our elf Candy Cane, too! I love learning about holiday traditions around the world and those boarding passes must have your kids so excited.
    Have a great weekend!
    Storie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Elf! Good luck with your Masters - how exciting! Your Holidays around the World unit sounds fab! :)

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're doing Holidays Around the World next Friday. I can't wait and my firsties think we're really leaving the school too. (Even though we did a similar setup for Hispanic Heritage month!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your boarding passes and passports! So fun!!
    Shine on in First Grade

    ReplyDelete