Image Map

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Happy Birthday to YOU, Dr. Seuss!!!


Two blogs in one night?!? I of course decided that this week needed its own opening act ;)

I know there is not one teacher out there who doesn't know what March 2nd is. All I can say is HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR. SEUSS!!!!!



There is no way a primary school teacher doesn't get giddy excited that this week is finally here! Now I am such a big fan of Seuss related things, that we aren't celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday just on Monday. Nope. We are going to celebrate ALL MONTH!!  You read that right! All month we will be reading Dr. Seuss books, working on activities, and munching on some delicious snacks all dedicated to the man himself!!!

To start the week off, my team and I took it upon ourselves to deck our hall out in Seussville decor! We had a ball rolling out paper, cutting out characters, and making a magical land for our babes to see!!! We plan to fill our Seuss land with all kinds of crafts as we continue throughout the month :)




Now, I cannot celebrate Dr. Seuss for a month without decorating my own room. That clearly would not be full spirit :) One thing I saw on Pinterest and just HAD to do was create mini truffula trees for my students work tables! Originally I wanted to use pool noodles throughout the room to create larger scale ones, but unfortunately in the middle of a rough winter in the Midwest, there are no pool noodles available :)
Instead, I took to the dollar store to make the mini truffula trees and let me tell you, they turned out 100x better than I envisioned!! With the simple purchases of plungers and some tissue paper, these babies came to life!!




I cannot wait to see my kinders' faces when they see these tomorrow!!!!


The last bit of work I cranked out on a productive Sunday includes all new work centers for morning work and ela skills practice :)


My kids LOVE new stations and I think the variety we have going on will be a huge hit!!! Here's to the beginning of a WONDERFUL month!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment