Image Map

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Spring Teacher Blogger Meet Up 2015

If I could use just one word to describe my weekend, it would have to be INSPIRED! I was not sure what I was getting myself by attending the Spring Teacher Blogger Meet Up in Frenchlick, IN. As I made the 4 1/2 hour drive in the wee hours of the morning with one of my team members, I was nervous, excited, and filled with questions! What will it be like? What if I am the only not big blogger? What if I have no idea what they are talking about? Now what happened to all these questions that built up inside me and were consuming my thoughts?  I'LL TELL YOU: as soon as I entered the hotel, THEY COMPLETELY SUBSIDED! Instead, I felt comfortable, happy, excited, and inspired. How could I not feel inspired? I was in a room with over 100 dedicated teachers who WANTED to be there. These amazing individuals devoted their time and their money to meet and discuss what we love: TEACHING!

Now if that doesn't inspire you, I don't know what does! Any single person could walk into the room and feel the the energy and the buzz that bounced off the walls. We spent time getting to know every single person there. Yes, EVERY SINGLE PERSON! That is one thing that makes teachers, and this meet up, absolutely dream-like. Throughout this time, we got the opportunity to connect and engage in real conversations with everyone there. Through different engaging activities, round table discussions, and social media, we were given the amazing chance to grow and become forever changed. What we bonded over, our passion, our stories, and our livelihoods, is something that is exponentially the best thing I have been a part of.

I got to meet two AMAZING and INSPIRATIONAL teachers that I follow on every social media platform. To me, these two are more than just idols. They are passionate, devoted, and over-the-moon helpful. The amount of effort and time that they put into their work simply shows their love for their career. They take the time to answer questions, share advice, and just PUSH you to think outside the box and be an even better teacher.



I know I walked out of that hotel ready to change myself. To change how I taught, how I prepared myself, and how I inspired my students. I was filled with enlightenment, happiness, and a new, refreshed view of my teaching.

This process is just starting and I cannot WAIT to see where it takes me :)


teaching is my hobby

No comments:

Post a Comment