Image Map

Sunday, April 26, 2015

P.O.P!!

Want to know how I spent my Saturday night? I can sum it up in three words: PINTEREST, ORGANIZING, PLANNING. (Or as I titled the post: P.O.P!!!)Surprise, surprise, a teacher that has a Pinterest addiction?! Crazy, right! The obsession is real and I am not afraid to admit it :)

I decided that I want to start next year off with amazing ideas that I get to see all the way through. My main goals as of right now are classroom organization, monthly units prepped and ready to go, and PBIS 'bootcamp' ideas. With all of these in mind, I headed over to Pinterest. One of my favorite things about Pinterest/instagram/blogging is the connections you can make and the ideas that spread like wildfire from amazing teachers. The teachers on these social media outlets are all dedicated, creative, and REAL people. They all have/or have had classrooms so they know exactly what to produce/share. It is truly amazing!!!

My room is not the largest by any means, but that does not mean I can make excuses for not utilizing all the space, omit areas such as computers and library, or avoid organization. I spent quite some time (and paper) outlining my room, keeping in mind the doors, outlets, and safety hazards. At this point, I am quite content with the general ideas that I have for the layout! I know where my key points are going to be as well as how I want to organize my word wall, my I Can Statements, calendar, and all other bulletin board areas. Now it is just making sure that I TAKE MY TIME with creating and finalizing them so that they last all year, are fun and friendly, and do their job!!

Besides classroom set up, one of the things that truly stumped me last year was THEME!! Everyone wants to have a theme for their room, owls, flowers, neon, chalkboard, Dr. Seuss. You name it, people love it! I wanted to think of a theme that is transitional and easily added to. If you know anything about Pinterest, you know that typing in one key search item can lead you to thousands of results. Just imagine an indecisive teacher looking through GORGEOUS, ORGANIZED, and FUN classroom themes. I had a new idea every second. I finally set my theme after finding some adoraaaaable and relatively cheap bins at Hobby Lobby (another safe haven for teachers). I love what I finally decided on because I can easily add colors to it and will be very versatile!!! Hold the suspense for a bit as I am waiting a little longer to reveal the theme :)

My goals with Pinterest are to add everything I see and like to a board. By the end of the school year, I want to go through that board and finalize what I WANT to do and scratch all the others. By cleaning up my Summer Board, I will be more organized and have the drive to get the things I want done! Ideally, I would love to have my year mapped out before school starts. Here is the thing, when I say ideally, it used to mean 'that would be cool if it happened' starting today it means 'that will be amazing WHEN it happens!!!' Because it WILL happen :)

I have my Summer Bucket List ready to go and am SO pumped to get my 2015-2016 school year planned!

Here's to finishing this school year successfully and kicking off the next :)

No comments:

Post a Comment