Image Map

Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday Made It!

I am trying out a new schedule for my blogging and Instagram life and CANNOT wait to see how it works out :) Those specific social platforms are two HUGE sources of inspiration for my teaching and have allowed me to create so many connections with teachers. I am not sure how I would have survived my first year without reading and checking out how other teachers used strategies and fun ideas to up their student learning! To say I was inspired is not enough!!

For my very FIRST Made-It-Monday, I am going to talk about a social platform that I never, I mean NEVER imagined myself ever becoming a part of. What social platforms are there besides Instagram and blogger??? OH, I am talking about the BIG KAHUNA of teaching! The place you go to find ideas for math when you are sick of the boring old stuff. The place where you find ADORABLE clipart and centers. If you are a teacher, you know exactly what I am talking about: TeachersPayTeachers!!! I have found/purchased/praised so many products on TpT. They have been a HUGE lifesaver in my first year of teaching and in my students hands-on learning.

I owe so much to the amazing, inspirational teachers that have worked SO hard to make incredible products available for purchase. My little rays LOVED all of the creative stations, crafts, and units that I bought for our curriculum. Each product was of high quality and earned a satisfactory from my little rays ;)

ANYWAY, back to my Made-It-Monday post!! I decided to take the plunge into creating and posting my very first TpT product. Now the first product is free as a way to get my name out there and show some of the things I can do, but that does not mean it was a stress free situation. I spent hours making sure each and every slide was formatted to perfection and that when it was downloaded it looked good! The product that I am using for my Made-It-Monday is a simple Attendance and Lunch Count program that can be used on Smartboard to promote student independence and encourage students to use technology.



This product is one that I used my whole first year of teaching. My little rays LOVED getting to be hands-on with the document. It also was absolutely amazing at how it changed their morning behavior. They would come in and work quietly with their morning stations in hopes of being the first table called to find their name. Not only did the students get hands-on, but they are able to decode their names, which side of the board to put their sun, and could tell me by the end if someone was absent who it was! I loved being able to see and hear them interact with each other and grin ear-to-ear when they saw their name and were able to watch their sun fly with their finger!

I feel so happy to have finally put a product up and cannot wait to see what the future holds in regards to my TpT!! Cannot wait to continue to push myself and connect with more WONDERFUL teachers!!!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14180663/?claim=fftppnm2esx">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment