Image Map

Friday, July 3, 2015

Five For Friday!

Here we are again, another week has flown by and it is already Friday! You know what that means: time to link up for Five For Friday, hosted by Doodle Bugs Teaching!!!!!







I went to an AMAZING blogger meetup in Chicago!! Thanks to My Day in KHip Hooray in K, and Once Upon A Classroom, I got to spend the afternoon at Maggiano's Little Italy chatting and sharing stories with some AWESOME teachers!! It was so fun to be able to meet new people (and people who I know from blog stalking!!). I love that blogging has connected me to so many fresh faces and teachers who are INSPIRING and PASSIONATE about their careers. It is just so rewarding to be a part of!



I spent a few of my days this week at the pool! I nanny Monday-Thursday for a family friend and when it is not raining, you can almost guarantee that we will be poolside! It was not the sunniest week, but hey, with almost 12 inches of rain this summer, I will take any chance to be outside!! Hoping for sunnier weather this week!



I baked about 4 dozen cookies this week! With a day off of nannying, I had plenty of time on my hands (kind of!) After I did all of my errands and worked out, I decided to surprise my mom with some of her favorites: peanut butter cookies! So I started baking. Then I thought about my grandpa (who lives across the street) and decided to make him some snickerdoodle. Next thing I knew, there was 4 dozen cookies sitting in front of me! Lucky for me, I am not a big cookie person and only had one...or two ;)




I read two awesome books! I made a point to get to the library this week and check out books because reading is something I love to do but never get there! I checked out 6 books and within two days, read two!! I HIGHLY recommend The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. It was such a good read!! It kept me involved and constantly thinking! Love a good mystery/thriller! I also am reading some James Patterson and Stephen King because I am a murder mystery kind of girl. I would LOVE some other suggestions though! Any genre :)



I planned my annual trip to Michigan!! My friend and I finally set the dates to head up to South Haven and spend a few days!! I cannot wait to get up there, take my mind off of everything, and just relax. It is always nice to get away from reality, even if it is just for a few days!!


Thanks for reading! Don't forget to linkup and share your week!!!!







1 comment:

  1. Molly, I am so glad you liked "Girl on the Train", I read it a few months ago and I just couldn't put it down! I am also a fan of Stephen King! If you haven't read it yet, I recommend you to read "A Perfect Marriage", they made a movie too, but of course the book it's better. It is actually a short story part of Full Dark No Stars. Another great book I read recently is Defending Jacob, by William Landay (another I-can't-put-it-down kind of book).
    Hope you keep enjoying your summer! (I'm following you on Instagram, so keep in touch)
    Tweets From Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete