Image Map

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Whatever Wednesday: July GOALS

I don't even want to look at the calendar. JULY ALREADY???? That means one month down and only one month and 13 days left to soak up as much sun as I can.




With the new month here, I decided to set some goals. What do I want to accomplish, both personally and work-wise?! I like to set goals because they give me something to push for. I love the school year because I have a routine, I know what I need to do and by when. That's where summer gets tricky for me! I have all this time in between nannying that I don't use as efficiently as I could be. So with that in mind, I made a list. I then revised it, made another list, decided I wanted a prettier color ink, and finally wrote the final list of July goals.



Goal 1: Blog and post on Instagram DAILY
I want to get in the habit of posting on my social media platforms more often. Even if it is a picture of my day and a blurb about what I did! I think making a schedule of what kind of topics and a time to post (especially during the year). One of the best things about blogs is that you can start your blog at anytime and post whenever you finish. If something comes to my mind at 2 in the morning, I can start to write about it to just get the idea out. I also just need to be more conscious of taking pictures of what I am doing. There are so many times I am like, "Oh, I want to blog about that!" or "What a perfect craft to post!" but then I realize that I didn't take a picture of it. Along with posting, I want to CONNECT.  I want to comment on other teacher's posts, offer my feedback, and get to know and share ideas with all of amazing teachers that are out there! I am going to start by commenting on at least 8 Instagram posts and 5 blog posts daily. I think this will get me used to and in the pattern of and from there I can hopefully be even more involved and connected!!!



Goal 2: Better Diet and Exercise
Raise your hand if you haven't been eating your best or working out as hard or often as you should since summer started. Anyone?? Yep that is me!! I normally have a pretty regular routine with what I eat and make weekly grocery lists of what I need for meal prep for the week. Once summer hit, however, I kind of resorted to whatever was around the house. In case you couldn't guess, it isn't the most nutritious food! So I am getting back on track by using my 21Day Fix nutrition program! As for the exercising- I blame the weather!! I am an outdoor runner. Love to run in the heat of the day. Problem? If you aren't from the Midwest, maybe you haven't heard about the amount of rain we have had. Let me tell you, it is like we live under a rain cloud. I have made it to the gym almost everyday that it has rained, but there are exceptions where I was 'too tired' or it was 'too icky' out. NOPE. Not any more! From now on, I am going to make sure I get my miles in everyday and hit the gym for weights at least 4 times a week!



Goal 3: Read More
I love books. Plain and simple. Hand me a good mystery book and you won't see me for 24 hours. I have always loved reading and I happen to read relatively fast, so I fly through books. There is nothing better than cozying up on my deck to read a book!! I haven't read near as many books this summer as I would like. I want to read fun books as well as professional development books! I want to continue to educate myself through reading new strategies and ideas that would be useful in my classroom. I am finishing the 55 Essentials by Ron Clark and preordered his newest book (which should be here by next week!!!!!!!!!) I want to read at least two other professional development books as well as a few other miscellaneous books!




Goal 4: Finish planning my units and centers
I want to head into the school year READY to go! I want to know exactly what I am doing in all subject areas. This will definitely be easier than last year because my team and I mapped out a year long curriculum guide that has our pacing guides and standards for each week. With this, I should be able to get the materials prepped and ready so that when it is time, I just have to pull them out and BOOM, we are ready to go! The amount of stress that this will reduce is unimaginable. The work to get it done this month will be SO worth the nights I don't have to be up until dawn making sure I have materials printed for the next day!!

These are four main goals I want to accomplish this month!!! I can't wait to check back in and see how I did (except when I check in, it will be time for school almost!!)

What are your July/summer goals?? I want to hear!!

2 comments: