Image Map

Monday, July 6, 2015

Monday Made It!

Happy Monday! You have to admit, Mondays aren't so bad in the summertime ;) After this holiday weekend, I definitely could have used a little extra sleep! My puppy did not agree, however, and was ready for a walk at 3:30 A.M. We are working really hard on potty training so I reluctantly got out of bed (and reminded myself that he was cute so don't be mad!!!) We crawled back into bed and slept for another few hours until it was a little more reasonable to start the day!!

One of my favorite parts about Monday is the Monday Made It posts!! If I ever feel a bit lazy, I am glad Monday rolls around and reminds me to make something ;) Today I made something that I have been dreaming of making but have been a bit too lazy to get around to doing: A Teacher Toolbox!!! I have seen the idea ALL over Pinterest and finally decided that it was time to make one!! 



I went to Lowes and bought a 22 drawer toolbox for only 16 bucks!! What a steal!! The only problem: the color. Not to be picky, but that workman's blue was just NOT going to do in my room! That being said, I bought a can of metallic spray paint (it took me about 20 minutes pacing in the paint aisle to pick). Before spraying I took out all of the drawers. I used two coats and let it dry.



I was contemplating creating my own labels (and someday maybe I will) but I did not want to measure and mess up on the size for the drawers. SO I headed over to Pinterest to find some labels! I grabbed an ADORABLE FREEBIE from Create Teach Share! My sister works at a printing company, so she printed them on sticker label paper and VOILA!! A Teacher Toolbox was created :) 



SO excited to fill it up with some goodies!!! I am tempted to make more because, c'mon HOW CUTE ARE THEY!!!

1 comment: