Image Map

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Thoughtful Thursday

What a week! I know the week isn't over, but between stalking TpT Vegas on Instagram and keeping up with my life, I am exhausted!! Just from the pictures I can assure you all I WILL BE THERE NEXT YEAR!!!! It is a must :) I love being able to take a little look back at my week and reflecting!

This week I have gotten quite a bit accomplished!! I feel very successful at this point! I have gone through ALL of my centers and word work packets to see what I have and what I need. From there, I have sorted them into season (fall, winter, spring) and even further sorted them into specific genres (ie: Math: Number Recognition, ELA: CVC Short A). It was a ton of work that some may call boring but I was actually really enjoying it! I was recovering things I hadn't used or I totally forgot about. It definitely got me excited for this upcoming year!! I now know what to look for on TpT and what I have A LOT of!!!

One thing that I dove into this week that is out of all my comfort zones is get TECHY!!! With much persuasion from Nicole (Beginnings With Baer), I joined the Teacher Twitter world which I am pretty comfortable with, but I also joined in on Periscope!! I am totally a newbie when it comes to that, but so far what I see is LOVE!!!!! I have been virtually living in Vegas with all of the amazing teachers through this app. It is a live video feed that can be watched from thousands of miles away!! I am planning to spend a few days looking at both social platforms and learning more about them so that I feel confident using them! I cannot waiiiiiit to use these apps to their fullest potential this year!! Just another way that social platforms are allowing teachers to connect and be even more awesome!

Twitter: @MissKsLittleRay
Periscope: @MissKsLittleRay

^Follow me!!

I also have been working really hard on creating all of my own classroom decor. I really wavered in between two color schemes for a long time and finally went with my gut! More on the specifics later ;) I have set out to create (from scratch!!!) my own bundle of classroom fun! I sat down and made a list of everything I needed: alphabet cards, number posters, birthday wall, going home posters, etc. Today I dedicated my day to putting them together! It was so fun to see the creation coming alive before my eyes. It wasn't the easiest (ask Nicole) because I texted her and sent her previews about 40x) but I truly enjoyed it!! I can now visualize what my classroom is going to look like and I am LOVING it!!!

My last 'to-do' for this week is to finalize my summer bucket list! There has been so many things that I have already done that are cluttering my Pinterest board up! Tonight I am going to make a fresh new board and pin only the things that I know I am going to do!! Or at least I am going to try to keep it cleaned up ;) I just know that when I start pinning I kind of become a MONSTER (ya'll know what I am talking about!) and next thing you know, there are 100 new pins. I am going to keep this one tamed and limit it to only the things that I truly will make. It will be like my visual and online checklist!!

I hope your weeks are going smoothly! And if you are in Vegas I am trying to hide my jealousy but it is NOT working too well :)

1 comment:

  1. Very excited for this techy world experience!!! And your classroom decor is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete